View Single Post
Old 07-Oct-2004, 16:55
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
JPM,

I made the move earlier this year to a 999R from a 996R, may god have mercy on its soul!

So far, I've needed a new starter solenoid and it's looking like I've got a small oil leak around the rear cylinder head bolts.

Trackday stuff, from what I've seen they fit where they touch, but I guess that's to be expected. Try e-bay - full kits are going for £150-ish.

Tanks - if you find one, let me know, still a bit rare from my experience.

Not sure how big the standard 999R pipes are, I think they're the same size as all 999 models though.

One word of warning though, like you I intended fitting my quick-shifter to the bike once I got it. Since the 999 uses an entirely different kind of wiring loom and the coils are of the type that are contained in the plug cap I was told it wasn't possible, and I'd have to buy a 999 specific type.

High level screen - don't buy the ducati corse one, they take kidneys as part payment for it.

Rear sets, again DP stuff is terribly expensive if it gets chucked down the road. Sparco seem to be very good value (from demon tweeks) but I haven't bought them yet.

Hope this helps buddy!

Cheers!

Scott