View Single Post
Old 19-Nov-2006, 17:49
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by servicebiatch
Feminax are very good for pre-menstrual tension
I certainly wont miss you
And bikes are definately cheaper over there.

Nope , not PMT...

Part of the problem with people in this country is the whining " It's better elsewhere" mentality. And most people don't think further than " My council tax has gone up by 50 quid and a speed camera got me doing 60 in a 30".

Moving to a new country needs to be well researched and thouroughly understood before being considered.

I wish Dooogal well - if it's what he wants , I hope he finds it. I've just returned from 4 years abroad. I missed loads of things about the UK. You do actually start to appreciate what is good about Britian ... and there is a lot to be proud of.

Now, what is wrong with the UK is that everyone has abdicated (?) all responsibilty for ther actions. ASBO kids are the teachers fault, the binge drinking is the pubs and clubs fault. Wake up all you parents out there ... if you bring kids into the world then it is 100% your responsibily to actually make some sodding effort.
One of the over-riding attitudes in the Uk is how nothing is anyones fault anymore.

Switzerland was great to live in, it has many of the aspects of Canadian life that Dooogal outlines (other than being cheap !!). But it was veru dull, the natives unfriendly and you stand no chance of ever being accepted by the locals. You ARE a second class citizen. But you are close to Yoorup, tax is low, and you are very safe. And it is a police state ...

Canada would strike me as a long way from anywhere - but I've
only been there once.... in 1972 as an 11 year old. And the the soft drug culture was endemic. But in 30 years everywhere changes.

For those who go, good luck, and you will need it. You will have a tough time ahead. It isn't like a holiday. If it works for you then it was great decision.

Oddly, I would be more than happy to go back to Zurich ... but knowing what I know now will help.

ANyway, this thread has been derailed ...

Ducatis are more expensive than in the USA and Canada. But so are hondas and Yamahas. Some is to do with tax but a lot is to do with the acceptable market rate. Tis the problem with a free market economy but you do always have the option not to buy !