View Single Post
Old 01-Jun-2006, 22:33
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarrenjohnny
Hi,

Im new to this list and Ducati's for that matter, but this summer I finally get to fulfill a 12 year dream to own a 748/916.

I have been reading posts on here for a month doing my research and there are so many good posts from knowledgeable people and so would like to ask your advice.

I have seen a 748 on this site for sale with grey 5 spoke marchesini's, race cans and standard 10,500 miles on the clock.

The problem is the last service was at the end of DEC 04. Its done 500 miles since then. I have been told it was a full service with belts, oil change, fork overhaul carried out (10k miles on the clock at the time)

Im worried about the chrome plating issue on the rocker arms, as it seems the best form of protection is for the bike to be regularly ridden and checked every 6-8 mths. The engine hasn't been inspected (ie serviced) for 18 mths and only ridden lightly, so its due a service anyway and might need 3 rocker arms (this seems to be the average number to have issues from what i've read on here.)

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jon
All you can do is take this into account in your offer, or have an inspection carried out first.