View Single Post
Old 07-Oct-2006, 16:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Thanks Rob, unfortunately I won't be able to do anything about this until at least next year I think. I guess I just wanted to get some info on these things so I can think about these things over winter ...

There's some excellent info in here, thanks everone. I guess if I went down this road I'd go the GRP bodywork and shelve the originals ... I'm even thinking that one of these things would go alright in Sound of Thunder Especially if it was a strada with a 996 engine in it or something similar ...

beancounter, thank you very much for your generous offer. I'd love to have a go on one but at the moment I couldn't afford to do anything to it should the worst happen so I'm better off not taking any risks at the moment! Having said that, I may take you up on that in the spring or something when I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

I'm leaning towards a strada really, with a few tuning options I suppose. I wouldn't look after an SP - as Freak and Lily will attest, I don't wash bikes very often My 996 was well looked after, but dirty. Although I did look after my 998R, but that bike was very special to me.

Has anyone tried to put a testastretta engine in one of these things? Is it too much of a bodge?

What suspension did the strada have? Not too fussed about brakes as I'd probably change them anyway.