Thread: More Niggles.
View Single Post
Old 18-Aug-2003, 11:29
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Keefyboy, couple of youir 'niggles' have a ring of familiarity. Just back last night from weekend at Ulster GP to find slight dribble of oil down nearside of crankcase eminating from sensor. Also twice after long 'spirited' runs I found the rear refelector bracket bent back on itself such that refelector facing into tyre! In both situations I hadn't got off bike other than for fuel so definitely didn't back bike into anything nor could anyone have bumped into it as it was never parked unattended. I too could only conclude that suspension was compressing to extent that bracket/bolt fixings were catching on tyre and hence being pulled inwards. Since then however I fitted smaller number plate and redrilled refelector mounting bracket such that it there is now greater clearance between it and tyre. Since doing so I've not had a repeat.
Have you had any trouble with front indicators? Mine seem to have developed an intermittent fault whereby they take it in turns to refuse to work! Last night on way back from Stranraer ferry terminal headlight refused to work on anything other than full beam. Irritating or what? Even more so when in last 5years I've had a 750ss and 996, all bought new, with not the slightest hint of any problem between servicing! That said I love MS better than both of them together, it really is a belting bike!
PS Panniers just arrived before I went away as did 'touring' screen which worked brilliantly. not too impressed with quality of panniers though. The lids don't fit tight enough to effect a water tight seal against rubber gasket. Thank god for bin bags!