Thread: Dealer Service!
View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:40
Big Twin

Saj288, I will off course give them a chance to explain! And if its a plausible reason I will be straight back on here saying what it is. If its something like 'we noticed one of your pistons had melted and have ordered you another one' then fair enough.

However I do think it is more likely to be because they have booked more bikes in for a service than they can handle! The fact is even though my service was booked for Wednesday it was not started until sometime on Saturday. When I spoke to the dealers on Saturday they said they hoped it would be done by 4pm but that the mechanic had to keep breaking off to 'sort other bikes out' He went on to say the mechanic had said my bike would be done if they just left him alone to do it without interrupting him!

I don't think a service in two parts is good enough! Should I have to keep taking the bike back until all the service is done? Oil and filter one week, Belts the next, and bring it back next month sir and we will sort your fuelling out for you.

I don't think so!

I did find it unusual that when I phoned in the first place to book it in for the service that I only had a wait of a couple of weeks when other people on this site were talking of much longer waits at other dealers.

I am in the service industry myself, I supply Gaming and Amusement machines to pubs and clubs and I know that to retain business you have to give them the service you promise them and the service they pay for.

'If you don't look after your customers someone else will' is a phrase that springs to mind at the moment.