Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 18-Aug-2004, 03:37
Ducati Corse

Reply to Kevin (Skids)

I've been watching emails fly about all day on this subject and now I will have my say as it is being implied that I did not pass on information to the MT of this club when consulting the Racing Academy committee on a possible bursary following the last AGM.

The background:

A request was made in February to members of the club to offer their opinion on how a bursary could be utilised to support racing members of the DSC. 6 members offered to be involved and I emailed each a questionnaire for completion which 5 duly returned. From that I pulled together a broad proposal for consideration by the MT and on which no action was taken until the last management meeting on 17th July.

It was not the purpose of that proposal to go into the level of detail that Kevin provided, merely to offer opinion on how money from club funds could be utilised for the benefit of racing members. The recommendation was to find a way to support more than one individual with the payment of either fees or contribution towards general costs like tyres. That is now happening.

Furthermore, no one was asked to join the committee, Kevin and others put their names forward and I was delighted that they chose to get involved. I resent the inference that I withheld information from the MT and as no one from the MT has come forward to refute that remark then I have had to do so myself.