View Single Post
Old 09-Feb-2005, 23:00
Montjuic

Mood: Lascivious
2004 999R advice please

Well, after some 3 years of inexcusable procrastination, I’ve finally put my money where my heart is. I finally concluded that a 2005 999S was exactly the bike for me, so I’ve just put a deposit on a brand new 2004-spec 999R!

This’ll be my first Ducati and, whilst I can’t wait, I’m hoping that the experience won’t be too emotionally (or financially!) draining. Since putting the money down, I keep waking up in the middle of the night with flashbacks to the late 70’s, when a friend bought an 860 GTS. I think he managed to get it on the road for two (not consecutive) days in three years. But of course things are a lot better now………

I’ll be getting it next month, so I need to start thinking about the usual bits and bobs. I know there’s been a lot written on here about these things before, but I’d like to tap the current thinking about the best huggers, double-bubble screens (I’m 6’ 3”) and something to tidy the rear end (ahem!). As importantly, what ones should I avoid?

All advice gratefully received, and I look forward to seeing you on the road v. soon.