View Single Post
Old 05-Oct-2006, 21:20
Mille

Question The correct colour wheels?? Help Please

As some of you may know I am currently having a Pantah 600 restored for me by John Mossey Restorations based in Hertfordshire.

After having had the bike for 10 weeks now, they are about to send all the relevant bits & pieces off to paint. I have some nice pictures of the tank etc all stripped and prepped ready for the man with the spray booth to go to work.

One small issue however needs to be resolved, and that's what colour the wheels need to be painted. In all the pictures I have the wheels are gold, however the restorer has said that the original bike had silver wheels.

As the bodywork is the pale silvery blue, the silver wheels would look better in my mind, however I want an original restoration, so if the wheels were originally painted gold, then they should be in gold this time around also.

I would appreciate any thoughts comments or advice as I want to get the colour right 1st time rather than some smart Alec in 6 months time when she's ready to roll, telling me "Nice bike mate but why did you paint the wheels the wrong colour!!"

Thanks guys I know I can count on you to point me in the right direction