View Single Post
Old 29-May-2012, 11:36
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I don't think just putting the silencers on would have that much effect if you're keeping the original downpipe with the lambda sensor in it.

If you did want to go the whole route, I'm sure we can sort it out!

When I got the kit for the Hypermotard, which has the 1100DS engine, it came with the modified airbox lid and to be honest it is nothing more than a hole of about 20mm in the centre of the air filter - the air goes into the middle of the air filter cylinder and the out through the filter into the box; kind of inside-out compared to other filters!

I can sort you out an ECU reflash to get the right map, and we can modify your airbox lid in the same way that my Hyper one is done. The only thing you'd then need to fit is a performance air filter. My kit didn't come with one so I bought a K&N performance filter instead. This replaces the oem but has the better air flow.

You might want to find out about performance down-pipes as well, to replace the one with the lambda sensor as I think these are larger bore than standard. They may also replace the catalytic converter if you have one? I did pick one up off ebay really cheap but unfortunately it disappeared...!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!