View Single Post
Old 24-Feb-2006, 15:07
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmmm....Note to self. Better pull my finger out and get Cadwell booked for a place in the fast group. It's right around my birthday too, so shouldn't have any problems getting a weekend pass.

One thing to think of though guys is that it's not all about the fast group.

I think that one of the best things about DSC trackdays is that it's not all about racers and trackday gods whooping it up in the fast group. It's also a chance for the inters and novices to sharpen up their track skills and develop as riders. In fact one of the best sessions last year (so I'm told 'cos I couldn't go) was the session for complete track virgins who were given the chance to follow the instructor round for a few laps.

That's what it's all about to me. Get people on track, then into the novices, then into the inters, into fast, into DD and then into MotoGP (well, perhaps not quite but you know what I mean).

The DSC days have always been about respect and clean overtakes as well so that nobody feels threatened. I know we're all excited about a good thrash around up with the fast boys, but I'd hate to think we were putting people off moving up from inters because they think they're going to be mixing it with a bunch of axe murderers