Thread: Clutch Woes
View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2006, 21:45
Montjuic

I think your correct defo air getting into the system, pretty simple system really. Is the fluid level dropping indicating a loss of fluid?

You can check the banjo connections and look for signs of fluid loss. The only problem I have had was the slave cyclinder seals failed and I had a similar experiance although the fluid leaked from the bottom not helped buy a missing cap headed bolt.

In simple terms the slave cylinder looked to me like a bellows/piston type of system that pushs the operating rod out overcoming the clutch pressure plate springs disengaging the clutch then returning back under spring pressure when the clutch lever is released. In my case I suspected on the return cycle a small amount of air was being sucked into the cyclinder progressivly getting worse until you bleed it and it all starts again.

The slave cyclinder has what looks like a Viton O seal and the operating rod has little black O seals preventing oil leaking around the cyclinder or traveling along the rod into the clutch. If these are still tight it will explain the lack of a visable oil leak.

You could back off the slave cyclinder securing bolts slightly give it a tap and see if you get fluid dripping out.

Just a few thoughts maybe Nelly can help you?

I understand people replace the oringinal slave cyclinder for an after market item which improves feel and lightens the clutch feel slightly. I have seen these in various colours for sale on ebay cheeper than the OEM item.

Regards

DaveO