Thread: 250 parts
View Single Post
Old 10-May-2004, 08:35

Eddie,

If it is an origional 350 smallcase framed Ducati its a Sebring. Due to Vintage racing regulations many of those bikes ended up as race bikes so it can be worse then your Bitsa. The stroke of the 350 is different from the 250 (can count the fins on the cilinder but don't know it from the head). All smallcase engines 100 cc -350 cc are build pre-1968. Nevertheless it can be registered in 1971, widecase Singles hit the market in 1968 (some models featured the first Desmo production heads) and canabalised the smallcases in the showrooms.

As far as my knowledge goes Ducati never used Amals on Singles, the early 750 GT had Amals. To make things more complicated Mototrans Ducati's had Amals. Mototrans was based in Spain and manufactured in licence Ducati Singles that differed on details with its Italian brother bikes. I hardly can tell the differences......... :O

The Sebring roughly is honestly said not the most goodlooking Single; http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/Ducat...s/ducbroP4.htm
My 250 Monza Junior looked exactly the same but when I build it up 19 yrs ago (I was 17 then) I decided to build a cafe racer and sold all the origional parts. A good friend of my recently had a Origional Sebring for Sale and sold it to a guy who will build a racer from it . If you are interested I can inform if the tank, seat, mudguards, etc. are for sale (located in Holland). If you are interested, currently its more valeud to restore it into origional condition but ....................... well that something personal.

Cheers, Ron

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Ron66]