View Single Post
Old 02-Apr-2013, 15:20

1990 900 Supersport. Should I or shouldn't I?

Firstly, in the style of Dr. Nick, "Hi everybody".

I am a first time poster, I live in Suffolk, I enjoy walks along moonlit beaches and I have fallen for a gorgeous 1990 900 Supersport.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-DUCATI-900-SS-CLASSIC-UNRESTORED-EXTRA-CLEAN-WELL-LOOKED-AFTER-/290889412858?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43ba5c30fa #ht_1015wt_1156

Having done the usual, well travelled route of Jap 4's of varying engine sizes, with a VTR thrown in, I no longer feel the need to own the fastest, sharpest handling, look like everything else, mass produced two wheeled missile that rolls of the yen hungry production line. Phew.

What I do have though is the irraitional desire to buy what I was drooling over when I was 16.

Now I know that these aren't the most sort after or desirable (to some) bikes out there, but to me - I love 'em and if it was just up to me that would be enough. However, the Jap 4 riding Mrs IpswichTony74 needs more justification for ownership than that. And, to be honest I'm struggling to find out much information about these bikes that I can errrm embellish to my advantage.

Now the bike will be used as a toy. The couple of days a week commute to work along back roads (12 miles each way) and the odd weekend ride out (kids every other weekend). Or, more likely, used every day when the weather is nice - so a couple of days a year then!

Seriously though, any infomartion you guys can offer, what to look for when going to look at it (tomorrow), what to expect if I do buy it, UK parts availability, basically anything will be much appreciated.

To those who don't have the time or inclination to check out the ebay link:

1990 'G' plate 900 Supersport
22900 miles
"Loads of history" including the original bill of sale
Last taxed in 2011 - so I'm assuming last ridden in 2011
£2250 - although I do know the dealer listed it on ebay a while back and it only reached just over £1600 and failed to meet the reserve.

Once again, any advice is sincerley appreciated and sorry for rambling on....and on.........