View Single Post
Old 25-Sep-2006, 09:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Now that I'm no longer on the Race Committee for the series, I can offer my opinion on here.

I resigned from the rider's rep role because I felt that personal agendas were directly driving the actions of those in positions of responsibility and I felt that these positions were being abused for personal gain.

It now seems that recent developments from outside of the RC are also being driven by personal agendas and politics.

I believe that for the greater good of the DD series, we should be managed by the DSC or their representatives, as long as these individuals do not demonstrate personal agendas.

I fear that any attempt to run the series by another party if handled incorrectly (which I believe the recent ones have) can only lead to disharmony and can potentially split the riders and ruin the series.

If personal agendas are not at play, then why can't these outsiders lobby the committee to demand that the changes in the way the series is run are delivered through the existing RC committee?

Or better still, ensure that the RC is made up of individuals who are nominated and voted in by the DD riders. The present RC can put themselves forward for election should they wish along with those that feel they can run it better.

Why wouldn't they - running the DD is what they want isn't it? Unless its just a ruse to attack certain individuals whilst hiding behind a supposed committee takeover play.

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper. I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

I agree 100% the DSC should run DD but I think they should let New Era control it All the DD need is a riders rep to liaison with New Era we don't need the RC.