View Single Post
Old 07-Nov-2005, 17:53
Mille

More carbon bling & Query

After months of searching on the net for a nice peice of carbon to replace the metal mudgaurd on the underside of the Multi's swingarm i finally came up trumps Friday afternoon, a quick phone to check they had one in stock and it was paid for and in the post New bling is delivered to my office 8:30 this morning recorded delivery, cant think of a better way to start the week like a kid with a new toy i had to see what it looked like on the bike straight away, so i left early to fit my new bling. This is where i have a query, i removed the first bolt which is screwed into the swingarm ( the one that is on the same side as the side stand, so it would be on the lower angle of the swingarm if you understand what i mean ) as soon as i removed it water poured, not trickled but poured out of the hole, so i put the bolt back im assuming i havent missed some amazing development to help performance by which the swingarm is water cooled once again i removed the bolt and stuck my empty coffee mug under it, i kid you not i had nearly half a mug of clear water i havent had chance yet to check where it could have got in but am concerned it could be a problem in years to come, i wouldnt want to be riding a bike when a corroded swingarm suddenly snaps, anyone have any thoughts on this

[Edited on 8-11-2005 by Tantrum992]