View Single Post
Old 17-May-2004, 15:45
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
MS as a working bike?

I am thinking of relegating my ST2 to spare bike status and am considering a big trailie as my work bike. The question I am asking is: what is the MS like with regard to working hard, I am biased toward Ducati because I have two already but I am not blind to some of their shortcomings. My decision will have to be business orientated not emotive. I have a bike touring business here in Spain.

The other bikes in the frame are BMW R1200 GS, BMW R1150 GS the Kawasaki KLV1000 (a V-Strom clone) or possibly a Honda Varadero.

I am considering a trailie after having access to these bikes on test recently and found that not having the weight on my arms was a great relief, My ST2 has the comfort kit but this still gives a forward posture, which is fine on the faster routes I use but is quite tiring on the very twisty routes where it is not possible to keep up momentum.

The bike will have to work quite hard at times with a lot of gearchanges on the mountain routes so a light clutch would help too (both my Dukes have heavy clutches) So come lads give me some feed back, without the rose tints!