View Single Post
Old 04-May-2009, 11:58
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Not sure about F1 versus MotoGP but the 125 and 250 races today were bleedin awsome!!!!!

Not sure that substituting 600cc 4 strokes for the 250 class will be as much fun although the Supersport races at WSB are often great.

Wonder if the 600's that will run with MotoGP will be reasonably unrestricted design wise? If so it could bring about some interesting innovations that might find their way onto 600 road bikes?

Nice to see Mr. Button doing well though innit

Engine supplier will be Honda, and the stated aim is to use a 'standard production' engine-so I expect they will be supersport type tune-which will mean about 145bhp. This should give them roughly similar performance to the existing 250's which currently have about 110bhp, but of course weigh less than the new bikes will as the engines are so much lighter. As I and WJB know the 250's are real purist's bikes, you have to be absolutely on the button with them otherwise you are down the pan-I suspect the new 600's will be easier to ride-rather like the 990's compared to the 500's-which will possibly make the racing closer but won't allow the real stars to shine so brightly.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!