View Single Post
Old 16-Sep-2005, 15:27
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by loverobot
...but i was nearly (deliberately) knocked off by very late inside braking at tower on my very first proper run by another rider because i overtook him on the outside at the chicanes after the starting straight

Now, that's scary! I've had a few people "close pass" me, but I've never felt that it was anything other than a faster rider making, at worst, a slight error in judgement. The idea that some t055er might pass deliberately dangerously, just because his nose was put out of joint earlier in a lap is a little worrying.

I found the response by TTP very interesting... I've never (touch-wood) felt threatened by other bikes at any track-day I've done, but have felt that, once or twice, fast riders have remained in the Novice group when they should have been moved up. A case in point was Dave's charity evening...there was a bloke in the Novice/Inter group on full wets who was tearing round the place. Not to say he was riding dangerously but, if its pi55ing with rain, everyone but you has got road tyres, why would you choose to ride in a group with novices in? I guess, thinking about it, it is obvious that, in the first instance, its the job of the Marshalls (employed by the circuit) to suggest riders are shifted, so maybe the particular marshalls working on the day have as much influence as the operator?