View Single Post
Old 09-Oct-2009, 19:23
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
I have a 1000DS race bike that's for sale. Engine build by Nelly, head work done by Chris Steadman.

Engine was originally from a Multistrada, but had 1000DS cases fitted so it would go in a 900SS frame.

Details here:

http://kapitalmoto.com/index.php/new...ts/60-it-lives - about 100bhp on the dyno, as a standard 1000cc without big bore, high comp pistons, some head work.

1098 slipper clutch, carbon belt covers, engine repainted because it was looking tired. Phone Nelly for the full run down on what he did.

Bike has various bits and pieces fitted that you probably won't need, and I'm happy to part the thing out if you only want the engine, loom and ECU.

In all honesty, engine probably needs pulling apart (or at the very least compression tested) as last time out at Cadwell, there was a substantial amount of oil coming out the overflow. Initial diagnosis suggests new rings may be required.

Get in touch, because I'm looking for 996 bits and PM'd you on another site. PM, call or come around to my garage for a look if you're interested.