View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2009, 07:23
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
We are approaching the last races at Cadwell for 2009. I believe within the DD community that races, not the ones that don't have their backside in the saddle going through paddock hill.

We need to start brainstorming tyres and allowances/acceptances throughout the machine.

These bikes are knocking on in years and parts are drying up which makes parts that are available costly and then bidding against racer. There can only be one winner.

So at this early juncture I feel the technically minded amongst us and the not so who might have a thought and not know how to phrase it.

We ought to add to this thread the way forward, ZR tyres etc more choice of vendors. We all know its not Pirelli making us use HR. But there are a host of other issues so lets collate them and get them in the mixing pot early, instead of 2 weeks before next season race start.

Good idea on the technical side, think Skids may be covering off most of that side, as for the tyres, that is a bit of a sticky problem(no pun intended)
the biggest problem there is having a tyre that is both good in the dry and be able to be used in the wet, but this being the biggest problem, we have to have a letter of suitability from the manufacturer.
I am not sure what the state of play on tyres for next season is, drop a pm to Gordon Parkeras he id the DD MT member.

One thing to remember when voicing ideas for DD is that the "B" is entry level/cheap racing.

Chris