View Single Post
Old 14-Sep-2005, 15:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I'd concentrate on suspension Tim, I think this is where you'll find the biggest gains in laptimes. Sure you might find more power out of the engine but in terms of cost per reducing laptimes I didn't think it was worthwhile chasing.

IMO

Fair enough - but I know sod all about suspension!!! I wouldn't know a preload change from a compression change if it smacked me in the kisser!!!

The suspension on mine feels fine, its had reworked front forks and a S4 rear shock, but the only adjustments I've made to either was going 2 clicks harder on the rear shock (why? - because I could!!) I then subsequently had a big slide at Brands and I quickly moved it back. But I felt / noticed no difference.

I suppose I could get someone to work with me on this, maybe the suspension guy at 100% for example, but without knowing what's wrong (if anything) with my suspension now - how can this get better? Perhaps I shoudl ride someone's DD bike that has been setup? But in all likelyhood this would be setup for them and may feel worse to me?

Perhaps I should get myself to a track and get playing.
Tim