Thread: JR - an update
View Single Post
Old 18-Oct-2005, 09:03
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Finally got in to visit JR yesterday. He is now much more comfortable in a private room in QMC Nottingham. John underwent an intensive MRI scan on Friday, and the consultant was much happier with the way his broken vertebra were healing, so much so he decided not to operate at this point but to have a body brace made to stabilise John's spine.

When I got there yesterday, he was strapped into this thing, and complaining bitterly about how hot it made him! Other than that he is just feeling more than a little battered, and some of his bruises would win prizes!

Overall John is in good spirits, but obviously more than a little sad that he won't be racing next year. It remains to be seen exactly what role he will play in the team, but Crescent have assured him they have a place for him, and are looking to use his valuable experience to help the team win back the championship next year.

As for who will replace him - well I have a pretty good idea, but can't say just yet. Watch this space.

Finally I passed on the good wishes of all those on the baord, and he was quite touched, especially when you conside he hasn't been on a Ducati in 4 years....