View Single Post
Old 03-Jun-2006, 20:42
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
thanks for the suggestions-- but
i have already eliminated the fuel pump by disconnecting at the 4pin plug and it was still the same- just to eliminate the filter i removed the filter that i replaced 2000 miles ago and replaced with a free flow unit i:e a length of fuel pipe so i would say that the fuel pump/filter is out of the equation (and i cleaned the gauze filter by running down to the local petrol station and blowing it out with the airline)
i have traced the red wire from the reg unit to the battery, starter solonoid, fuse box, stop switch, starter switch, and back to the starter solonoid via the red/blue wire cant find a braek or dirty connection - i have also run a continuity test thru the wires to make sure altho i cant see that the starter solonoid would drain the amps from the battery until you hit the starter button
the general relay is working fine
the red/white wire that goes to the charging light indicator is fine
the red black wire that goes to the fuse box then to general relay also checks out ok
i have removed all the earth connections and cleaned and replaced
i have disconnected several other components neutral light switch stand switch brake light switches to try and eliminate them draining the system
so the only thing that is left is the generator /stator itself which i have tested and is showing an out put
either i have two dodgy rectifier units or i have missed something
now sitting in a pile of broken fuses a bike that resembles a plate of multi coloured sphaghetti and maybe a multi meter that tells blatant lies-
i have threatened the bike that it WILL be replaced with a VTR but that hasnt worked either