View Single Post
Old 17-Mar-2005, 15:25
Bevel Head

Mood: accepting the inevitable
Hi,

Quick intro - I know Phil (fil2) as we work at the same place and he oftens talks about the DCS club events and more recently what he's doing with his DD bike. I've been watching the DD forum with interest and until now not posted any replies, but Phil's away for a few days and I thought I might be able to help Antonye, at least until someone who knows excel properly!

"Now, if you'd like to knock up one of your charts for the gear ratios and sprocket sizes for the 600ss, I'd be most grateful"

There's probably prettier spreadhseets outhere but this should give you and understanding of the effect of changing front and/or rear sprockets vs engine revs at your critical points of the circuit ie end of straights max revs in top gear or not:

You'll need to measure the circumference of you rear tyre as the spreadsheet value 77" could well be out (no bike to measure yet!) and the gear ratios and primary ratios were found on the internet for 600ss I beleive, but again you may wish to doublecheck them.

I've added multiple entries with various engine rev limits (which you can modify to suit). So with this printout at the track you can have a good guess at what changes are needed if say you are a few hundred revs over or under your required limit, hopefully this waffle will make sense when you open the spreadsheet up and adjust to suit.

Good luck to everyone at Cadwell.

Cheers
Glenn