View Single Post
Old 15-Sep-2005, 11:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
I've read a few reports where people reckon the 749S is the best value superbike in the Ducati range...

Yup - I think I pretty much implied that above.

About the pegs - I was close to touching side of foot on a trackday so I moved the pegs from the original (mid) position to the back. Tucks your legs under a bit more, but soon got used to it. If I was doing some long distances I might consider moving them back again for the trip. I do prefer them in that position for riding though.

Oh, and I am 6 foot, 14 st. The rear shock is a little on the soft side, the sag is a little too much. Going to see if a bit more preload wil solve it but at worst might need a stronger spring. I've ridden it like that for 2 years though on road and track (8 track days this year) and frankly I can't really fault it.

As Keith says, the mono is the only one that has adjustable seat position. I wanted that when I started looking at 749/999, but the one I test rode was a bip and it felt fine. The bip has the seat in the "mid position" of the mono adjustable range. (or so I was told). THe pegs are adustable through a range of positions on both models.