Thread: Robbed???
View Single Post
Old 10-Dec-2009, 07:31
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572
as the title says, but i feel that the focus will drift away from us to the 'higher profile' Manufacturer and dealer sponsered series and the only loser again will be DD!!!!

Feeling a little miffed with your comments!

Firstly Assen is not something that the Club can claim as a right - for Desmo Due. As Kevin said the antics in 2008 did little to endear the series to the Dutch Club. We had a chance to go in 2009, but enough people wouldn't commit before the deadline and the Club had to hand the grid back.

For the Dutch Club it is a very considerable financial commitment, that they need to cover by filling grids. That means committed numbers and deposits by Christmas, yet again DD haven't done that.

It is perhaps not that obvious to participants, that an enourmous amount of work goes on in the background to ensure that Desmo Due is put together each year. Ok most of it goes on during the 4th quarter of the year after the racing has finished, but it still has to be done. I have lost track of the number of hours, phone calls and e-mails that Kev Ellis, myself and others have put in on the rules, sorting out the tyre situation and most recently getting a calendar that people might want to commit to. What we dont do is make a big song and dance about it on here.

Your comment above perhaps shows a lack of understanding on how things work. As both series are being run through New Era, then it is possible to address both items at the same meetings. One thing that has already been made clear is that Desmo Due has been ring fenced and a commitment made that for as long as there are enough people to make it a viable grid, then we will put in the required effort to ensure that it happens

With regard to the 848 series, I may well be running it and the Club is not involved in any way, but because of the 848 Series I have been able to get Desmo Due a grid at Brands Hatch BSB.

Ultimately, it is very easy to stand on the periphery and make disparaging remarks, it is far harder to stand in the middle actually be responsible for doing something and be open to public scruitiny. But unless people are prepared to stand in the middle and get on with it, then nothing gets done and you wouldn't have a race series to enter.