View Single Post
Old 13-Apr-2006, 14:40
Mille

Ive got the ST3 with the same clocks/display as the ST4. Last year in France I got caught in a really heavy thunderstorm. Next day, the bike refused to start, bit of a bugger as I was setting off to the Moto GP at Le Mans!

The clocks were misted up and you could see the condensation. Called Ducati Assist who sent a Citroen mechanic out...as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Bike refused to start although the battery was fine.

After he left with a promise to come back on Monday with a van to take the bike to the nearest Ducati dealer, I decided to see what I could do. I took the bike into the kitchen of the gite I was renting and got my wifes hairdryer positioned to blow warm air onto the clocks. After an hour or so all the condensation had gone, so I pushed the start button and she barked into life.

Too late to get to the race but at least I avoided the trip to the Ducati dealer 80 miles away. Got the bike home (the clocks flashed from KPH to MPH and the numbers faded in & out, but it didn't refused to start again.

Took it straight to the dealer I purchased it from who said, yes it was a fairly common problem which they knew about and would fit a new set under warranty.

My suggestion would be to get a new set fitted as you don't want to repeat my experience!!