View Single Post
Old 22-May-2006, 22:00
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
A well used piece of equipment when I was racing was two u section or square section lenghts of aluminium about 1" square by 5 or 6 feet long.
A threaded rod 12" or so long, two nuts & two washers

drill a hole to take the threaded rod through both sections of the 6 foot lenghts of aluminium aprox 2 feet from one end.

place one nut and washer on one end of the threaded rod.

place the two lenghts of aluminium, one each side of the rear wheel(whilst on the paddock stand)extending past the front wheel. the holes for the threaded rod should be either side of the rear wheel.

pass the threaded rod through one of the holes on the aluminium through the spokes of the rear wheel and then through the hole in the other length of aluminium, put the other nut & washer on the threaded rod to tighten both lenghts of aluminium to the rear wheel.

If i have explaned this correctly the front wheel should sit in between the two lengths of aluminium with an equal gap between the tyre and the lengths of aluminium as per the drawing done by Douglas

Also as said by Douglas this applies

"Yes it's two sides of the same coin. With an adjustable rear wheel you are using the front as a reference, but on the 748 etc the rear wheel is non adjustable so you are using it as a reference for the front."

A bit long winded, but I aint that good at explianing thing sometimes, it`s me age.

Chris.