View Single Post
Old 17-Feb-2006, 11:55
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
I really like Mallory, I've done loads of days there and raced many times. Sure there are bits that are a little quaint, but that's part of the character of the circuit, mix it with the friendly people, great canteen etc and you can have a brilliant day.

I agree with the comment about it looking like a crap little circuit, but I think once you ride it, I would actually rather do Mallory than Brands Indy and they're roughly the same length, (although hugely different in price!!!)

A BIG 'however'.

What the flip have they done? I understand why they need to do it, but then again WHY?

What a waste of a brilliant corner and one of the main attractions of going to Mallory. It looks horrible, but I have to reserve judgement until I get there. I was horrified by the new chicane at Cadwell, but it's ok and you get used to it very quickly and it's another place to overtake in a race. Silverstone is utter crap, but other chicanes, say at Oulton are ok. So let's ride it and see what it's like before writing off Mallory altogether.

WeeJohnyB