View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2013, 15:30
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
As per Chris' instructions above, if you have the Red Key you can simply get ANY black key reprogrammed to start your bike using the key programming procedure.

I would try reprogramming your keys again, as it may be that the battery drained on the bike enough for it to lose the list of (black) keys that are allowed to start the bike.

If your black key really has failed (ie, the chip inside is unreadable*) then you can simply get a blank transponder key from Ducati - they cost around £25 from a dealer I think - then pay to have it cut to your ignition using either the red key or other black key to copy the key blade. Then you will need to reprogram the keys to allow the new black key to start the bike.

* sometimes the chips in them fail. I had the one on my BMW car fail completely and it had to be replaced rather than reprogrammed. Probably due to spending 2 days in my toolbox with a magnetic parts tray that probably killed the chip!!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!