View Single Post
Old 02-Feb-2004, 12:53
Mille

Jools,

you are right the total cost is alot but its not necessary to spend on the big pipes or the related head work to get the engine right.

What has made a significant difference is the blue printing of the original motor something On-Yer-Bike (£599 for a major service on a 999s incle belt change) or any other main stream dealer will never be able to do for you during a service and for a one off payment of around £600 more I think that it is money well spent. Especially if like me you intend to keep the bike for a few years.

The one thing I have noticed recently tho' is that second hand parts for these bikes are starting to filter onto the market which is good news for anyone wanting to dabble without paying full price.

For example, I recently bought a spare set of genuine levers and foot pegs together with some other bits and bobs for £50 and where ever possible I will be buying second hand to build up my track day spares.

Then again I could have spent £2k on carbon body work and paint and £1k on a smaller set of Termi's without any set-up....

In my opion that would have been a waste of money, but as you rightly say, you pay your money and make your choice.