View Single Post
Old 25-Jun-2011, 23:04

Luggage for M696

Hello all,

sorry if this has been discussed before, but Im new to the forum and to the whole Ducati thing. I have done the search and found nothing regarding my question close enough. I actually dont own a Ducati myself. What brings me here is my sister, who owns a Monster 696 and asked me to choose some luggage for her. Im in a process of choosing the luggage for my own bike (Aprilia Shiver), so I know its the best to discuss that with people who already have some experience and this is why Im posting here.

Well, she would like to buy a tankbag and a tailbag. The budget is about $350 USD. It should be stuff accessible in Europe, since there has been made some changed to the toll/tax policy in my country and its quite expensive to buy anything outside EU now. The luggage should take stuff for a 4day trip, about 10 liters on the tank (she is quite short, so there should not be any high obstacle on the tank) and about 25-30 litres on the seat. Of course waterproofness is required. I will be probably getting some Kriega stuff myself, so Im particularly wondering if anyone here has experience with those bags on Monster.

Thank you in order for your answers.