Thread: Cartegena April
View Single Post
Old 15-Feb-2006, 11:08
GTL

Totally agree with Bubbles about the price "rising" as you find out more about the trip but, in defence of Focused Events, I went on their Jerez trip last September, and the professionalism and levels of organistion were top-notch.

We all know that the track-day business is pretty unstable and FE are just trying to get a competitive sounding price. The trip I went on was "premium-priced" as it was Open Pitlane. FE felt that the price put people off, so have gone for a "group" approach at a lower price for this year's European trips (as I understand it).

I think they do not include Insurance in the "headline" price because their competitors don't either. Whether it should be compulsory or not is a matter of opinion...personally, I think it is well worth having.

Must admit, limited cover for bikes is a bit of a worry (particularly as Steve Skinner, who does the transport for TOFS and CSS, among others, offers a much higher cover), but , apart from that, the carriage of the bikes was done very well.

I've booked up for Jerez with FE again this year, and would happily go on any of their European trips (albeit, with fingers crossed regarding the bike transporter getting hi-jacked).

Don't want this to turn into an advert for FE, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to U2U me