View Single Post
Old 24-Feb-2012, 12:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Andy,

I don't think you'll get a response here as I don't believe Dan comes here or is even registered.

It does open up a debate about the worth of privately owned websites compared to a true members club - somewhere like Ducatisti belongs to an owner who can (and has!) closed it down on a whim, whereas the DSC belongs to the members and no one person has control over the site to force its closure.

I can understand that people get upset when they have spent time (and in some cases money!) supporting a website only for it to close, but that is unfortunately the way that things happen sometimes in businesses.

There are plenty of other free alternatives should people want to go to them instead, and the DSC itself has most of the website open to those who register for free, but we take pride that the DSC is much more than just the website, especially after I've just spent the last three nights bagging over 300 copies of "Pronto", our club magazine!!

As they say: you pay your money and take your choice.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!