Thread: Schools Out
View Single Post
Old 05-Feb-2009, 16:23
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Most of our computing equipment is located in California, with very little stuff in London, so we are able to work remotely from home. The company is pretty good about us working from home, but it does mean that "not being able to get into the office" doesn't get you a free day off!

My office is at home anyway so all that the weather has meant for me is 3 days sitting at my desk............Monday was hopeless-loads of roads closed, Tuesday was just sheet ice round here, I was out Wednesday, then woke this morning to 6-7 inches of snow-the wet stuff that packs into ice as soon as you look at it. It took Jo 35 minutes to travel the 2.6 miles from my house to hers this morning-and that was after I had dug her car out of the snow on the garage forecourt. All the local schools are closed, no buses, few trains, A14 blocked, M1 blocked, A1 Blocked-basically I am hemmed in-I would have loved to have gone to play in an empty car park-but there are none suitable round here.

I am supposed to be going down to Kent tomorrow-and guess what-they are forcasting another 6-8inches of snow tonight!

John

Growing old-disgracefully!