View Single Post
Old 13-Feb-2006, 15:20
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
New Era membership and race entry forms are waiting for me at home.

I had a crap 2005 season and totally lost my confidence/speed - crashed on Monty's TZ250, picked myself back up and entered CB5's at Oulton, crashed on the brakes on the way into esses, (my fault), picked myself up and again entered CB5's at Brands only to be shunted off by guy behind me on full chat on half way around Paddock Hill - OUCH

So, I THINK I still want to race.....what should I do?

Have to apply for races now or the grid will be full, so...

CB5's or 600's???

CB5's - cheap, I should be at the front of the field, might get my confidence back, know lots of people, all on the 'same'!!! bike, been there done it though

600's - not cheap, will be mid pack at best, will stretch me - maybe improve my riding/times, my 600RR will be uncompetitive at only 115BHP, a new challenge for me as I get bored easily, will sort me out as to whether I want to continue racing

HELP

All comments welcome

WeeJohnyB

John, I think you already know the answer. But I think you should do CB5's and work your way back into it. When your confidence returns you can dust off the RR and get her out there and also, if you're in a good position in the CB5 championship, you can go on with that as well. Or leave the RR for a year.

Either way, you're out there doing the business and building back up.

Will Paul (my roomy from Jerez) be at Cadwell? He's offered me the CB for a runout so I could get out on that. Looking at the entry forms there is enough gap for me to do that and have a break before the DD races on the Sunday, or I could just do the Sat on the CB.