Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 11-Mar-2005, 10:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Unreasonable?

Please tell me if I am being unreasonable here as I am getting pretty fed up of this .... (sorry for the long explanation)

Last Sept I booked 2 places with a certain trackday company. I paid for one and was due to pay for other place on the day. Later the same day we realised we couldn't go as I had got dates wrong. I rang up immediately and explained and cancelled places. (within 4 hours)

After numerous phone calls from me and being passed around to different people who could or could not make a decision they finally said i could not have a refund but could have a credit note. Not ideal for me, but i accepted their conditions as i had little choice. After a few months of me ringing again I finally got said credit note in writing.
They had assured me they would be fully operational this year and I could use it whenever i wanted.

This year, said trackday company have changed their trackday list to a new style which involves acting as an agent for Donnington and then 'superbike schools' with a celebrity instructor. All these days are far more expensive and I am not interested in the superbike school.

The trackdays with this company are more expensive than others, but as i have the credit note i need to use it.

So i have just called to try and book a Donny day. I was informed that my credit didn't go against that as they were just an agent. My only other choice is superbike schools which are £50 more expensive than normal trackday. I explained politely why i didn't want this and was told that they would do 50% against a Donny day and I would have to use other 50% on another day.

My request is simple. I want to use my credit note against a Donny day and pay the difference. If they can do 50% then surely they can do this in full.

I was then told that I should have a think about it as the guy was a bit busy doing other stuff and was on his own. His comment that 'well there is no urgency in this is there' and could I call back next week made me very annoyed.

Am I being unreasonable about this? What can I/should I do?