Thread: 911 experience
View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2006, 16:55
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
You know...if I had Porsche or Ferrari money I'd probably have an old estate car and have more Ducatis (including some more exotic ones than I have now) and some other bikes I lust after as well.

Until around 5 years ago I was a very enthusiastic driver. In my time I've competed in International rallies and I've always driven quickly. I've never had the chance to drive anything really exotic (unless you count years and years and years ago - drove an Aston DB6 one junction down the M1). But I've always had cars like the hottest hatch of the day etc.

Until, as I say, 5 or so years ago when I had a 75 mile commute each way commute from Bedford to Reading. It was a choice of M-way or cross country. Well, the M1, M25, M4 route (and all it's associated rat runs) was a nightmare and the cross-country route (even very early in the morning and traffic free) was an absolute chore. Killed my enthusiasm for cars completely, and I can't imagine it would be rekindled by any Porsche, Ferrari or Lambo. Cars are just transport now, nothing to get excited about, especially when I see 6ft wide Ferraris completely unable to use their performance on A roads and stuck in a queue behind trucks and stuff while I sail past on my bike.

Now bikes....to me it's ten times more exciting riding any bike than any car...I imagine a lot of us feel the same, otherwise we wouldn't be on this site.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^