Thread: 1200 duke
View Single Post
Old 04-Apr-2006, 22:44
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
OK, well we can all see its a compooter generated thingy like the other weeks compooter generated thingy.

On the front cover we had a bike with a silver front wheel with a knackered track-used old Michelin boot, black Ohlins forks (off of a 999R Xerox) and a black Gp front fender. There was also a 999 headlight (thought they were meant to be ugly!!! ) and some Alice graphics.

Then on the inside cover it was gold forks (which by the way, the top of the fork was silver and the bottom was gold and they didn't line up!!! ), a red front fender (Corse type) with a black wheel and totally different new tyres and at the rear a pukka GP swingarm with a slick tyre.
Then we had some different graphics, 999 mirrors kinda blobbed on and a 999 exhaust stuck in there!?!?!

This week we have a 999R with the seat unit painted red, some 916 style pipes glued underneath and a carbon fairing at the RHS footpeg that fades to red as you travel further up the fairing.
Next we have some 916 style headlights kinda moulded into a 999R fairing with the 916 style air intakes under the lights (way too small to even be anywhere near efficient!!) and some GP style fairing cutouts in the lower fairing.
To finish off the picture we have a single sided swinger, again off of a 916 and neither front or rear wheels match in style! Ducati would NEVER EVER EVER do that!

I have to take my hat off to MCN here, I wish I could use me compooter that way!

I've got to ask, is anyone buying into this picture or am I right in saying it's a very skilled Emap designer using photshop to its full potential???

If there IS a new bike coming in '07 or '08 (and the official channels deny this!!) I doubt it will look anything like these at all!

Just my opinion!

Mart