View Single Post
Old 07-Dec-2005, 16:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by multi600
My 748 and multistrada live in garage away from the house I don't even take the keys out of the ignition some days. I don't fit any locks or any other security items. When I open the garage door which is only locked with the small lock in the middle of the twist handle I don't want to spend 20mins or so unlocking everything. I just get on and ride. I don't lock it outside work and I always park in the same place (bike park). The only bike I have ever had nicked (DT 175) was one Christmas morning I run out of petrol. I chained the bike to a lamp post and a concrete bench. 25mins later it had gone, I just rely on the insurance now that's what it's there for.

I'm exactly the same. Bikes get left, often with the keys in, in a garage with a tiny padlock on the outside. I never lock them when parked elsewhere, just take the keys out. I'd never get back what they're worth by insurance, but I'm fcucked if I 'm going to let a bunch of thieving gypsy scum give me sleepless nights worrying if they're carrying liquid nitrogen or an angle grinder. If they get nicked then so be it. Still got a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a top notch missus.

Ali