View Single Post
Old 20-Mar-2009, 21:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
On Monday at Brands Hatch, amongst other things, the Kapital Moto Racing team were for the first time testing the new Michelin PowerOne tyres.

I'd like to say that I think they're very good! We were riding Jason's 996, as the race bike isn't yet ready, and we were booked into two groups - Fast and Inters. So, by the end of the day, the tyres had done a total of around 4.5 hours track time.

Right up to the end the tyres felt good, very stable and any movement appeared to be quite predictable. We were running a stupidly low tyre pressure in the rear, and quite a low pressure in the front, based on suggestions by Jim of Biketek Mobile, our tyre supplier.

Anyway, if you're looking to try a new tyre, I'd recommend giving the Michelin PowerOne's a shot. And I'd also recommend sourcing them from Jim at Biketek. http://www.biketekmobile.com/

Here's what our rear looked like after 4.5 hours track time. We were using a race carcass B compound, and there's still a harder endurance C compound to move to.