View Single Post
Old 15-Feb-2012, 23:18
Montjuic

Restart after a lay up

Hi Folks, not been here in a while but I could do with a bit of advice, due to what is best described as a crap set of personal circumstances the 748 hasn't been started since last August and I haven't had the opportunity, apart from loading it in and out of a van to do anything with it at all, so basically it has sat on it's paddock stands for 6 months, I have had a look at it and of course the battery has had it , but I managed to turn it over slowly on the button before it died, but all it did was backfire a couple of times, so clearly a new battery is in order.
Secondly the belts are due for renewal, which I had lined Kev up to do for me, but due to the lack of funds right now I am not sure that it isn't going to sit around for a lot longer than expected.
The oil in it is virtually as new as the day it went in I only managed a few hundred miles after the change, and all the other fluids were changed at the same time, so is it a case of leaving it on the stands, getting a new battery, change the belts and hit the button, or should I check anything else out before I get to trying to get it started like dropping a bit of oil down the bores etc.
Any advice gratefully recieved, thanks

Chris