View Single Post
Old 02-Nov-2004, 16:19

First of all Hello there!
Had Held Profi. Headers on the SS touched down at a hair pin. Lifted the bike and "lowsidedly" down I went. My right pinky got rashed after the glove grinded itself out + leather broke at the seam. NEVER again will I buy Held gloves. Can post pics if need be. Got Alpinestars SP3 for now. SP-W on order for winter. GP tech when the weather brakes next spring. I'm done with fancy wannabe stuff. There is now excuse for what happened. I must have been doing ~35mph. About a foot away from the ground. No excuse ! The suit didn't even get a substantial scratch on it. Just minor scuffing. No more Held for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
Had the Alpinestars Gp pro, but they didn't last more than 5 crashes....you just can't get quality these days....seriously...they were excellent. Had some Dainese race gloves but they ripped on impact, so I sewed them again, but then one freezing cold race day I put them on the engine to dry and warm between races and they er well stuck to it, bullocks. Also got Alpinstars winter jobbies which are brilliant. Not that warm, but always dry.

Bought some Held gloves from Graham at GLF in Flitwick who does all the MJK leathers. Superb gloves, best I've ever had by a long way.

WeeJohnyB