Thread: Quick turning
View Single Post
Old 12-Jul-2005, 21:51
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quick turning in slow corners differs in that the centrifugal force is just not there. When and if you push the inside bar the bike will drop in leaving your head and torso were it was. That’s the old moto X style. It’s the head and shoulder lead thing again. You have to get that moving first, commit to your line of site and the counter steering just seems to happen and you go were you look. With both arms bent so that you don’t run out of options through the bars you can counter steer all the way round to adjust your line, if were you looking and were the bike is going differ. If when you come off the brakes you’re off the bike to the inside before you initiate the turn the bike starts to turn as you slow down. If you came to a complete stop it would fall over.

I might be totally wrong but, I wouldn’t mind betting that with your low-side you got left behind by shoving the inside bar first. Then drooped in after your self, adding more counter steering impute and lode to the front tyre and probably not getting back on the throttle in time before the front gave up. or you had cold tyres

I have lots of questions to ask about counter steering in fast bends.

At a recent trip to Snetterton when riding round Coram bend I was hanging off Knee down and winding on the power but trying not to run to wide. I could feel the inside bar pushing back at me
even though I thought I was pushing back and pulling on the outside bar fairly hard. I was getting this feeling on every lap and it was the point at which I settled for the rest of the day. I know I could go faster but didn’t know what to do. Just push and pull harder? Do I need to look at the bike set up?
And the one I would like to know most of all did I wimp out or was something terrible about to happen?

Tin hat on