View Single Post
Old 23-Aug-2004, 00:56
Ducati Meccanica

still on this subject, there would appear to be a serious problem getting 851 rearsets, to date I have not had any replies from suppliers or manafacturers for these items, either in billet /carbon or similar, which I find very disapointing.
the items I've linked to at the start of this topic seem to be a very popular upgrade, if you can get hold of the little *ods.

I've got some of these little gems, http://www.tarozzipaolo.com/inglese/...adfisszigr.jpg
but need to get mounting place machined up, for rear brake cylinder etc, before they can be fitted.

More interestingly I have found that DP and similar rearsets for 748/916 etc fit 851's.
becuase they have 4 holes drilled in them, to accomadate higher or lower peg height, two holes either way round or up will fit onto 851 mounting lugs perfectly.
gear lever appears to also work out.
only snag seems to be rear brake layout.

Now from my initial calculations(not tested yet) the rear brake cylinder from 748/916 etc will just fit into the space available on 851's , fitted the same way as 748/916 even uses same mounting holes.
Brake lever will then work as on 748/916 bikes.
It's a snug fit due to the upswept pipes at that point , but that's only glitch, does'nt appear to be any other real issues apart from longer brake line etc.

Any thoughts to update me with here.
Anyone with a surplus knackered or broken rear brake cylider assembly(must have mounting bracket aswell)I can use for evaluating this retro fit.

Red...