View Single Post
Old 01-Aug-2005, 10:45
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748
Sorry to hear about your accident RM.

Obviously, I do not know you, how you ride, your bike or how its set-up etc...but my 2p's worth...

Didn't we hear about a few people mentioning this some time ago?

This seems a bit odd to me. Everyone is right about springs/ride height etc that could obviously lead to the bike squatting excessively in a dip at speed or such like, but surely it should not be possible to ground the sump out like this?

Thats not a set-up problem in my eyes, that a DESIGN problem...

In this instance, unlike twinfans trials and tribulations with his brakes, where he/DUK where trying to work out exactly what happened as it was unclear, this case appears to be very clear. The sump has hit the deck.

If I were you I would be collecting as much evidence as possible such as taking photos of the location where it happened, making notes on your current suspension settings (springs/ride height/sag (with and without rider) etc), even trivial things like tyre pressures. Because you can rest assured that if they can, DUK will not accept responsibility, becase if they do, then they have a serious safety issue on their hands!

The harsh reality is that things could have ended A LOT worse...and I for one really believe in pushing large companies to get to the bottom of problems like this and if at fault, admit it!

...then again..the chances of that happening..oh look a flying

I agree here, you could of been killed plain and simple, you were lucky, the next guy might not be!

If this is a known issue Ducati will be playing the numbers game I guess, pay for one off's or do a recall for all bikes, whichever is the cheapest solution as ever.

Good luck, and get well soon