Old 10-Jul-2012, 17:21
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Hence I ask if it can be identified where the growth has come from. May be the trackday brigade have passed on to racing or happy to jump in with the DUK or combination of both.

I didnt go for three reasons; racing this week altho I consided changing my test day to do the trackday instead if my mates were; my mates weren't see excuse 1; we like to do 2 days as a group especially so far away so the 10 or so mainly DSC members I go with can have a good couple of nights and days

Back on thread...have seen a couple of bits elsewhere and looks like a mixed but good day

Thinking back to when I first joined the club..... many of the (then) stalwarts of the club went on to racing, and some then on to other things. Others have drifted away for a variety of reasons.

Looking at the market place - there are fewer trackday companies now - does this mean the boom in trackdays has passed? Less people do trackdays on road bikes, the dedicated ones moving up to proper track bikes - more often Japanese for cost?

Finally - as Antony mentioned - location. I know many people on here think Cadwell is all things to all men, and it is a low-cost venue... but it's a pig to get to and lacks facilities - plus everyone has been there multiple times... Time for a change? Somewhere more central with better facilities for the average club road-rider who wants to ride his pride and joy to the circuit on the day and not get soaked in a typical English summer....

Or I could be missing it completely...