Thread: Unreasonable?
View Single Post
Old 11-Mar-2005, 16:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Weeksy

I disagree

I have done a fair few track days and although many of the instructors are racers and if they are not taking someone round they may well 'test' a bit its not always the case and with many track day companies its not noticeable.

I have done trackdays with these before and although it doesn't particularly bother me (hence why i would use them) they do have a reputation for not having very good safety briefings and not having the best organisation or instructors. This is not just my opinion, this is something that is often bandied around by people who have been on or heard about their track days.

Maybe for racers like yourself that is a good thing, but many (possibly the majority) of people who do trackdays are not racers and don't want a race day they want a track day. Especially in novice groups.

But, my issue at this point is not really with how well they run their actual days its with their service to me as a customer.

I have no issue with their track days or track day reputation and this would not stop me using them, cuasing me inconvenience and trying to make it difficult for me to get fair treatment would.