Thread: MTS???
View Single Post
Old 19-Feb-2006, 07:31
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Some great advice here,nice one fellas.
Just to echo what the lads have said,
Suspension is very firm at the fronf and soft at the rear as standard.Wind the preload knob up to the 'standard' setting and then a couple more notches.Cant remember the damping setting,but 1 and half turns from fully in seems to ring a bell.
The throttle responce on Ducati's is very direct,...it feels like its connected straight to the rear wheel which will be a very differant feeling to the Bindit.The power pulses from the DS motor can upset the suspension if you are a bit jerky with the throttle in a bend.In time you will learn to be smoother on the gas.
The heavy clutch can be sorted with an oversized slave cylinder.Nelly at Cornerspeed can do you a nice STM jobbie or there are other versions by JHP or MPL in Germany.
Throw away the standard screen and fit the comfort screen,(Same as the '05 bikes),it makes a huge differance.They cost around £60 from a Ducati dealer or you could look on ebay as they often appear there.I dont know if anyone else makes them yet.
Mirrors,as said before,not the best but can be fixed by swapping them for '05 versions or the funky Ducati Performance ones like in Roys signature above.
Try moving the 'bars back or forward in the clamps for a slightly differant riding position.Or you could fit some nice Renthall bars.
And hey,buying bits a peices for the bike is part of the fun!
As for the fuel gauge or fool gauge,as someone called it,...
I always use the trip meter these days as my low level warning light usually comes on around 80 miles,goes out again,then comes on around 110 miles.I can get 140 miles to a tank full,even in full hooligan mode.
The Multi is a great bike and really grows on you.It was the most popular bike in the DSC agm car park so it cant all be bad.
For more help and advice on Multi's,have a look here;
www.multistrada.net

[Edited on 19-2-2006 by KeefyB]